Monday, October 5, 2009

The Story of Two Aeroplanes.



I wish to thank M/s Netha Hussain, a very good friend, whose constant inspiration has led me to bring you this story. I am not good in stories. But my wife is. This story which you are going to read is not my creation. The copyright is for my wife, Mrs. Soli Somanath. She was trying to teach our two sons lessons of sharing...I just happened to be beside them when she was narrating it and felt quiet interesting. Any credits should go to her and any shortcomings to me as I take full responsibility for you not liking the story. But if it is good its Soli's story.....

THE STORY OF TWO AEROPLANES

Once upon a time, in an airport in Kochi there were two aeroplanes. One was the Red aeroplane and the other was Blue. Both were very cute planes and used to take passengers daily from Kochi to Dubai. They were very good friends and were very happy in their work.

One day the Blue aeroplane had a lot of passengers and felt really exhausted. He asked the Red aeroplane " Please can you help me, please carry a few passengers of mine with you". But the Red one was very stubborn. He said " No way, why should I? Its your passengers . Why should I bother". He didn't help the poor Blue aeroplane. The Blue aeroplane became really sad. He cried a lot. He decided to take all the passengers and took off to the sky.

As he reached half way, he felt something was wrong with him. The blue plane had no energy left to carry on any longer. He tried his level best but couldn't attain the required heights. So he decided to fly back. The passengers were really angry with him. They teased him and told that he is not good for a plane. The passengers decided they will never use the Blue plane and would only use the Red plane. The Blue plane was cancelled from the flying list and he was kept on ground.

The Red plane was the only other plane left. So now all passengers opted for Red plane. Red plane was horrified as he saw the number of passengers he had to carry. He understood his mistake and ran to his friend the Blue plane. "Sorry Blue plane, I fully understand my mistake. I should have shared work with you. Please forgive me and come back. We will both work together and live happily." The Blue plane was happy. He kissed the Red plane and agreed to help him. Both of them carried a lot of passengers together. All passengers also praised both the aeroplanes for their good service. They all lived happily thereafter....

22 comments:

Ananya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ananya said...

Next time I wont tell a story in front of u...its so disheartening, but still glad u listened story just as the kids did.

Novice Writer said...

I am sure your kids would have loved it!

bigB said...

Yes they sure did...they even started SHARING!

Destiny's child... said...

Your wife surely knows how to put the kids to sleep. Your kids loved it! Great. Keep more stories coming in...:)

bigB said...

Thank you Destiny's child...Soli is happy you liked it....will surely write more stories...

angel in disguise.... said...

aww..that was such a cute story! i must tell u ur wife is very imaginative..:)

fisrt time here..n my vist was worth it..nice blog:)

The Holy Lama said...

nice little story. ask your wife to write for kids magazines

bigB said...

@ Angel in disguise....Thank you for those wonderful words...my wife is very happy by your comment.


@ The Holy Lama...Thank you so much...yes i will surely pester her to do so...

Unknown said...

Honoured by your words, sir..
Loved your story. Your wife is a good story teller..I'm sure your kids would have enjoyed them....

bigB said...

Hi Netha, Thank you so much for the wonderful words....i was worried why you werent commenting on this story...becoz you were the inspiration behind this venture...thought that you would be busy in studies...will post a new story soon....

Jzt 4 me... said...

A good and simple one for the kids to understand the importance of Sharing. Stories are always the best way to put a point through to anybody, be it a child or an Adult..It can hit right on the spot, but only if its narrrated or presented in the best way...Good Wishes to your wife...and to your kids...They have a wonderful mother...

RGB said...

It's a skill to come up with an original story for your kids. I keep recycling the same old stories and if I'm bored doing that, you can imagine my kids! Maybe I need to take a few lessons from your wife.

Ananya said...

OMG..was just passing by and couldn't believe the response u got for this post, dear:)

Anonymous said...

"I am not good in stories."

No, you are not. What a dreadful morility tale.

A New Beginning said...

:) very nice!A great lesson indeed. Its amazing how simple stories, just reside in our mind and guide us through out our lives:)
Thanks to your wife, we gotta read the story:)

Destiny's child... said...

@Crap Blog Detective
May be you meant 'morality'. But it's ok, you won't get the beauty of the story until you have some morals of your own. Seriously, go get a life instead of playing a crap detective.

bigB said...

@ detective....thanks for the comment.....i know i can improve.
@ new beginning ,RGB and jzt 4 me....thank u so much....ur comments were very inspiring.
@ destinys child....thank u friend...u put my thoughts for detective to words! cheers! i owe you a treat!

Destiny's child... said...

you sure do! ;)
Wishing you a very happy new year :)

Vijay Santhosh Krishna said...

simple and warm story...it makes one feel light at heart when we read such simple stories..:-)

Haddock said...

A good and effective story.
Kudos to your wife.
And that red airplane looks exactly like some of the planes that used to take off from Cochin in the yester years.

EJ said...

I am new here and just starting reading the story from second paragraph...Assumed you are speaking about KingFisher and Deccan Airways...I was terribly wrong